Baby Cole's Blanket is finished and it is a little different than the first one I made.
First, I made it crib size instead of bassinet size, casting on 149 stitches instead of 119 and working 13 designs of squares instead of 9; And second, I added a Moon and few Stars to brighten the Navy Blue color a little, but without overloading the blanket.
When I first saw the WS of the blanket, I thought about adding a cotton flannel backing but then I got scared of sewing something non stretchable on something that actually is. Besides, I realized that the back of the blanket didn't look that bad after all so I just weaved, hid and secured the ends of yarn veery carefully.
[Click on photos to enlarge]
Yarn: Red Heart Giant Pounder - color Navy (1 skein 1/4) + some Yellow
Needles: 29 inches #9US circular
Sweet Dreams Baby ... (parents have not decided of his name yet) See you soon!