How about a period of 9 months of knitting from the Stash? Wendy's idea is to not buy any yarn you don't need (except for sock yarn of course) and just try to use what you have. Now, the problem is to define need...
Knit From Your Stash 2007: Here are MY Guidelines
1. The Knit-From-Your-Stash-a-Thon will start January 1, 2007 and run through September 30, 2007 -- a period of nine months.
2. I will not buy any yarn during that period, with the following exceptions:
- Sock yarn does not count. Everybody knows that, right?
- If someone asks for a specific knitted gift that ! really and truly do not have the yarn for, I may buy yarn to knit that gift.
- I may buy the yarn needed for specific KALs with Groups online I belong to, IF I don't have it in my stash.
- If I am knitting something and run out of yarn, I may purchase enough to complete the project.
- I get one "Get Out of Jail Free" card -- I am allowed to fall off the wagon one time. (Used on 04/02/07)
I guess this has to be added to my list of Good Resolutions for 2007...