I am making that pair of socks for my Monkey Sock Swap partner. It is the first time I get to work with measurements only, and it is kind of challenging. Fortunately, my swapee's size foot is not too different than mine, and I hope I am doing fine... I also hope she will like the yarn.
So far, I ripped off twice. In order to be more accurate on the size of the sock, I tried to get a smaller gauge than instructed in the pattern and to increased the number of cast-on stitches up to 80 stitches (one set of design), but it did not work well. Working the lacy pattern was increasing the top of the sock's number of stitches every other round (as shown on the B&W photo here below) and decreasing accordingly would have changed the design...
** NB: This would probably have worked if I had added two sets of design, and used something like size 0US needles. Maybe... I might try this later just to make sure.
Anyway. I have decided to stop "monkeying" and to keep it simple - following the steps of those who know best (Cookie A. the Designer of the sock), because time is flying and I need to sent the socks in the mail soon; so I have just switched to one size up needles (as I usually do) and followed the instructions to the letter; and my sock knits up nicely now.