First week on ovolacto-vegetarian diet report:
- The first day, I felt weak and dizzy - but also I was so afraid to eat something wrong that I barely ate at all that day...
- The second day, went much better. I read a lot about vegetarian nutrition - and lots of nutrition facts on the products I use to eat, and I understand better what I am doing now; so I can eat normally. I am actually pretty pleased to note that everything I like is "veg" friendly.
- I have lost 4 lbs.
- I ate more green vegetables and beans, and I am more interesting in learning about to cook them and trying new recipes.
- Intestinal functions improved.
- I have shortened my night knitting time, and forced myself to get more sleep every night.
- I have focused on drinking more water - 2 liters a day it is (8 cups).
CONCLUSION: So far so good! I don't feel meat deprived in any way, and I haven't tried to compensate in increasing my dairy intake - which I have heard is a "no-no" and a common mistake starters do.